For some time now, I was thinking about a redesign of the bloerg website. It was looking good but there were warts here and there and the style sheet was an unmaintable mess. Now that I had a talk with a friend about static site generation and design in general, I felt motivated enough to create a new style from scratch. In a couple of hours …
8 files changed, 221 insertions(+), 436 deletions(-)
I tried to keep the general idea of the old page but increase legibility by these measures:
- Larger font size (I’m probably getting old).
- PT Serif instead of PT Sans as the body font and Lato for headlines.
- Consistent use of relative
emunits throughout the site instead of a mixture of
- Dumped the index with teaser texts in favor of a paginated list of all posts and a separate archive page.
- Wikipedia-like footnote highlighting.
There might be some glitches left. If you notice any, tell me and I will fix them as soon as possible.
Otherwise, farewell old page.
Post a comment
This post might also have some comments at Google+.